Frequently Asked Questions
Please browse our list of FAQs below to learn more about Haunted San Diego Ghost Tours! If you have a question or two that you don’t see answered here, please feel free to contact us today!
1. WHAT MAKES YOUR TOUR DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER HAUNTED TOURS IN SAN DIEGO?
Haunted San Diego Ghost Tours is one of this city’s oldest and best ghost tours. Our company provides an entertaining history tour with a haunted theme and we’re good at what we do. Unlike other ghost tours in San Diego, we offer only one type of tour so we can truly focus on providing guests with a fun and educational experience regardless of whether you believe in ghosts or not. All of our guides are theatrical storytelling specialists who will take you around San Diego aboard a coffin on wheels. You will have an opportunity to see an actual haunted artifact during our time together and we’ll show you actual proof that ghosts exist!
Our tours run year round. Every group gets on and off the bus at each location that we visit. We are the only ghost tour in town that is allowed to enter into “New Town San Diego’s” oldest surviving structure. Don’t just take our word for it, check out reviews from actual guests that have taken our tour or look us up on Yelp! or TripAdvisor. We’re proud to be the highest rated ghost tour in San Diego according to a number of sources.
2. DO I HAVE TO BOOK IN ADVANCE WITH A CREDIT CARD?
YES. There are a limited number of seats for each of our tours and we often sell out well in advance. In order to ensure that you are able to join us, reservations and payment are required ahead of time. You can book online or over the phone with one of our reservation specialists. If you prefer to pay cash, your only option is to show up at the Best Western Hacienda Hotel at least 30 min prior to the tour departure. If there are seats available, you can pay cash at that time. PLEASE NOTE: Reservations are HIGHLY recommended as empty seats are RARE as the tour time approaches. Also, once a booking is made, there are no tour date exchanges or refunds.
3. HOW EARLY SHOULD I ARRIVE FOR THE TOUR AND IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
You should arrive in Old Town at least one HOUR prior to the tour’s departure. There is parking available but it can be limited.
Click here to download the old town parking map!
All guests must be checked in and physically present at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time. If you are not checked in at this time, you will be considered a “no-show” and we reserve the right to sell your seats to any stand-by guests. You will NOT receive a refund for being late or missing the tour due to parking problems. Haunted San Diego reserves the right to depart on time regardless of whether all guests have arrived.
4. WHAT LOCATIONS DO WE VISIT? DO WE GO INSIDE?
Haunted San Diego Ghost Tour is both a walking tour and a bus tour. We will visit 5 locations throughout San Diego on a 2 hour storytelling adventure. While we do enter into some of the locations on the tour we do not enter into all of them. It is important to note that our tour is a ‘storytelling adventure’ and not necessarily a ‘museum tour’. Along the way we will visit ‘America’s most Haunted Location’, a creepy mansion in Sherman Heights, two locations in the Gaslamp Quarter, and we’ll have some time in San Diego’s oldest graveyard, El Campo Santo Cemetery.
5. HOW MUCH WALKING IS INVOLVED IN THE TOUR?
Our tour is both a bus and walking tour. We do get on and off the bus at each location that we visit but the most we actually walk is two city blocks. Our guests, however, will need to be able to ascend and descend at least 3 steep steps to get on and off the bus. They will also need to be able to stand in one location to listen to our tales for approximately 20 min at a time.
Ready to reserve your place on the Haunted San Diego Tour Bus Today.
6. IS THIS TOUR APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN?
This tour contains racy content and some disturbing stories and is geared toward an adult audience. As a result, children under the age of 10 are discouraged. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed to attend the tour. All individuals under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult to attend the tour – no exceptions.
7. IS YOUR TOUR SCARY?
Our tour is a very entertaining adventure with spooky stories. It is, however, a history tour with a haunted theme. It is not a haunted house where individuals will be popping out of corners to scare guests. Please join us with that in mind.
8. WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
All sales are final and there are no tour date exchanges or refunds. Just like a concert or theater performance once the tickets are purchased the seats are considered sold. We do not, under any circumstances, offer refunds nor can we change your booking to a different night or time if you miss the tour.
9. DO YOU OFFER SENIOR CITIZEN, MILITARY, OR CHILD DISCOUNTS?
Our bus only holds 14 people per tour. As a result of this limited seating we do not offer discounts for our tour. Our ticket price is $35 per person regardless of age, military, or AAA membership.
10. IS THERE A GROUP DISCOUNT?
If you have a group of more than 12 individuals please call our reservation line to discuss potential discounted options – 619-255-6170.
Our tour has been named San Diego’s Best Ghost Tour and we are the highest rated haunted adventure in town according to our many Yelp reviews. We are listed as #33 of 280 things to do in San Diego on TripAdvisor and have top reviews there as well!
- Yelp - Haunted San Diego Tours“San Diego’s Best Ghost Tour” and we are the highest rated haunted tour in town thanks to our Yelp reviews. Spoilers in the reviews.
- Haunted San Dieog TripAdvisorWe have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and are rated in the top things to do in SD. Watch out for spoilers in the reviews.
- San Diegos CBS 8News 8's Adrienne is joined by Kim of Haunted San Diego Ghost Tours to tell us about some of San Diego's most haunted places (video).
- San Diego's Union TribuneThe UT goes on a tour with Haunted San Diego to Five haunted San Diego spots in this printed article. Slight spoiler alert.
- City Beat NewsHas proudly awarded us with the Spectrum Award for excellence in customer service. 5/5 stars!
- Editor's Choice SanDiego.comWe have received the Editor’s Choice award from SanDiego.com and have been featured as their October fan favorite.
- PassPort to San DiegoPassPort to San Diego members have personally gone on our tour several times. Highly recommended.
- 101 Things to Do in San DiegoHaunted San Diego Ghost Tours is the best way to go looking for a few chills, and a terrific time overall, go on a this tour!